Android Auto Help
If you’re using Android Auto for the first time, here are some steps to get started:
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Connect your phone to your car using a USB cable.
- Your phone might ask you to download or update certain apps, like Google Maps.
- Review the Terms & Conditions on your phone (only required the first time you use the app).
1. Prepare Your Phone
Download the Android Auto app from Google Play, or just plug your phone with a USB C cable into a compatible car and you’ll be prompted to download the app.
2. Connect Your Phone
Before you connect your phone for the first time, turn on your car. Make sure it’s in park and that you have time to set up Android Auto.
3. Turn On Notifications and Bluetooth
Select Accept to turn on notifications in Android Auto to see things like calendar events, incoming calls and messages, and your music on your car’s screen.
Bluetooth will be turned on automatically when Android Auto is active. If you’re running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher, learn how to control your app permissions.
4. Start Android Auto
Select Android Auto on your car’s screen and follow the instructions to get started.
Drive safely! Make sure to stay fully aware of the road and driving conditions, and always obey applicable laws. Don’t handle your phone or use apps not intended for Android Auto while driving.